Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 1- And then there was....

I am just wired to start a business. I venture through this life with a problem-solving outlook. I want to help make people's lives easier and better and why shouldn't I translate this vision, this talent into something that I can get a paycheck for?

I have finally hit upon an idea I think would work in today's marketplace and with my life. I want to be able to be a mother to my child as well as feel at the end of the day that I do something more then laundry and play race cars on the kitchen floor. While those things are really important, I just need something more, to be fulfilled at something outside the home and that I am a good mommy. That will make me a BETTER Mom.

Many of today's businesses do not have the resources to market themselves in a digital world. A doctors office may have important information and services that their patients need to know about, but do not have room for a person who can deliver that information in a meaningful way to the clientele. Many doctors offices wear many hats now. Sure, patients walk in the door with a particular question about their health but what about prevention and detection of other things that could effect them. Also, what about services the doctors office offers to improve the patients life or lifestyle? The doctor obviously doesn't want to do a sales pitch in the middle of an appointment. Here is where BrightList can help.

Using my services, businesses can reach their clientele through email newsletters containing articles and links that pertain to concerns and/or questions that they may have. I work with the business to come up with articles and information that they want to convey. I then write the articles and design the newsletter and send to the business for approval. Upon approval, the newsletter is sent to a list of customers or prospective customers. I track the opening and click rates and send meaningful reports to the business.

So that's it in a nutshell. The first steps for me are going to be educating myself about starting this business and the world of digital marketing especially using email marketing especially newsletters.

I plan to spend an hour every night doing this research and based upon my finding to write about my ideas and the progress I am making on this blog.

Links:
http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/plan/getready/serv_sbplanner_stguide.html
http://www.startupnation.com/steps/55/10-steps-open-start-business.htm
http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=experts/em_mkt

No comments: